Thursday, April 19, 2012

Turkey Stuffed Peppers!

I have been M.I.A. lately! Life at the Richards has been so busy lately, it is actually refreshing to get to blog!! I have been a lousy housewife lately, no cooking, def no cleaning :) 

I think stuffed peppers are one of those meals that either goes really well for you, or you power thru the tough peppers, all the stuffing falling out, etc! I mean I def don't speak from experience bc the first time I ever made stuffed peppers, they were def not terrible, I absolutely didn't end up burning the crap out of my arm or anything:) 
Needless to say, this time it went much better! 


PREHEAT OVEN TO 400! 
First I added one large chopped onion, 2 chopped jalepenos, 1 clove of garlic, and salt and pepper to a pain and sauté until tender.  


Then I added roughly a pound of ground turkey (I use Jennie-O) and a can of original Rotel.  

Cook until Turkey meat is cooked through, and then add one can of DRAINED black beans! 
 Then you just cook it for a few minutes, 10 or so.  Add 1/2 to 3/4 a cup of fat free chicken broth to the bottom of the pan ( I used a 9X13) .
Cut your peppers in half lengthwise and remove all the veins and seeds! 
Lay your peppers in your pan and add the stuffing as full as you can without over flowing them. 
Cover your pan tightly with foil.  
Cook for about 35 minutes. The foil allows the chicken broth to steam your peppers so they come out super tender! When I made them before I had to boil them before you could stuff them and it was a disaster(refer to the arm burn :))
At 30 minutes you can remove the foil, and top will cheese if thats your thing (I don't know anyone who this isn't their thing) 

 DELISSSSH!! :) 
 A few weeks ago, my best friend Ashley came home from Florida to visit and I finally got to meet my sweet Addelyn! :) She is so precious!! I am so sad that they live so far away and I don't get to see her more! Skype it is!

To make this novel post a little longer, Mr. R organized a dinner for me with my family and his to celebrate my new job!! I just started working in the Pediatric ICU at Childrens!! It is a huge change and we are super excited!! This is at the Reata!! My FAV restaurant in fort worth!!


Thanks for stopping by, if you aren't following us yet, please do so!! :) We love to see who is out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LoVe to hear from you!