Sunday, March 18, 2012

Roasted Chick Peas!

 In my personal opinion, I think that snacking while trying to stay healthy is super difficult!! I mean what are your good choices? Rice Cakes (gag) or how about the always appetizing vegetables? Don't get me wrong we eat a lot of veggies around this house, but no rice cakes :)  But ya know sometimes a girl just wants some chips or something! So I attempted the roasted chick peas! The first time we tried it, the recipe said to roast them and then add the seasoning, but I found it was better the opposite way!

These are no doritos, but they are actually a good and healthy snack to keep in a bowl around the house! Mr. R was a big fan, and i ate almost the whole bowl in one sitting.  For the record I don't think anything counts as healthy if you eat 5 servings, whoops.  


 So first and most important (i think) is to drain your chick peas or if you want to get fancy Garbanzo Beans (whatev.) So I drained mine and laid them out on a paper towel and repeated the process.  I used canned beans, clearly, I honestly wouldn't even know where to start with uncooked ones, and honestly I mean does it really matter.  Just to be extra healthy I used the reduced sodium ones.  I mean, I think that counts for something right?










 Then add about 1-1.5 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil to a bowl along with your seasoning of choices.  I used kosher salt, black pepper, a little garlic powder, and a favorite spice in our house, SLAP YA MAMA! ( I feel it necessary to say it in all caps.)


 Make sure they are on a single layer on a baking sheet and then pop them in the oven at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes.  Just keep an eye on them because all ovens are different and they can burn.  Toss them around a couple times during baking and then enjoy your snack!!

I think these would be amazeballs with a ranch packet or some dill! We will be trying all different variations soon so let us know if you would like to see more recipes with roasted chickpeas!!

Sidenote: My mom asked me what all I used to season so I sent her a text that said "Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Slap ya Mama." In which she replied... "you better watch who you are slapping, I was just asking about the recipe."
Always Laughs around here!

2 comments:

  1. Hey old friend.... Love reading about your life on here!!! I am going to have to try these, they look GREAT!

    love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

We LoVe to hear from you!