Friday, March 9, 2012

Wendy's Skinny-er Chili!

When Mr. R dieted a few years ago, chili was a staple for him and an easy go to because of the low carb and low fat! I attempted to make some chili a few months ago, had every intention of posting it, branched out and added chocolate like the recipe called for etc, it was awful... awwwwfulll.... Mr. R ate it and still tells me it "wasn't that bad babe" but lets me serious, I think i saw him holding his nose like he was taking cough medicine.  So I am trying anything and everything I can to be creative on our diets, when I saw this recipe on Dashing Dish I was so excited to try it! If you don't already know about this website, go ahead and leave my site now, and check it out! Make her stuff, now... right now.  She has some of the best healthy recipes I can find and we make stuff from her site all the time and looove it!!

We played with the recipe a little... but I can not say enough good stuff about her website. 
Here we go...
One package of Jenny-O ground turkey (around 1.3 lbs) and we used the 93/7 this time
16 oz of your favorite Salsa
1 cup of chopped celery
1 chopped green pepper
1 chopped red pepper
1 large chopped onion
1 chopped jalapeno 
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained
1 (15.5oz) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (15.5 oz) black beans, drained
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsps chili powder
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste

1. Add the turkey meat and the onion and jalapeno to a skillet and cook until meat is no longer pink
2. Add all remaining ingredients to the crockpot along with meat mixture
3. Cook on high for 4 hours stirring occaissionally

For Mr. R I added a little cheddar cheese to the top of his!! delicious and lots of left overs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LoVe to hear from you!