- 4 Slices Stale Bread (Torn into pieces)
- Milk (to moisten bread)
- 2.5 lbs ground beef and pork mixture
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper
- 16 Bocconicini (bite-size mozzarella balls) you can also use a ball or log and cut into 16 pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 425. Place your torn bread in a samll bowl and over it with milk to soften it (probably around 5 minutes)
In your large mixing bowl add the meat mixture, garlic, parsley, cheese, egg, red pepper flakes, and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
Squeeze the milk out of the torn pieces of bread and crumble it as you add it to the mixing bowl.
(I would have torn my bread into a bit bigger pieces at first when covered in milk and then crumbled into mixing bowl.
Then... its time to get your hands dirty!! Use your hands to combine all ingredients until throughly mixed in the mixing bowl.
When it is mixed well, take out a section of mixture and flatten it to the size of your palm.
Place the mozz. ball in the center, and roll meat around it. (usualy 2-3 oz a piece) -
should make around 16
Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
Bake for 15-18 mins