Monday, June 18, 2012

Whats in your SaLaD!!?

Okay I am in no way claiming this is brain surgery, however I always like to know what people put in their salads, so here is what is in mine :) 
No Iceberg here ladies.. haha 
 next come cucumbers! 
 I am not a huge fan of putting  cold chicken (its a temperature thing, I know its weird) in my salad so I use chick peas for my protein! :) 
 Tomatoes.. I know the excitement in this post in intense 
 Kalamata Olives.. 
 Okay here is where things get weird... I am obsessed with these pickles.. Best Maid is the only brand that makes them and I LOOOOVE them! and they go in my salad too.. 
 Okay so I kind of think that Salad Dressing is from the devil.  How can something that is intended to go on all vegetables be so manipulating? Most salad dressings are loaded with fat or sugar so here is my homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar. 

 I put mine in the magic bullet so it actually mixes well together! Also add a pinch of salt, pepper, and either honey or brown sugar! 
 I added the dressing and a little feta (low fat) cheese!! 
And ENJOY!!! Was this the most boring unhelpful thing you have ever read? :) hope not! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LoVe to hear from you!